We are hiring!
Fairbnb is building a vacation rental platform which offers three advantages over existing sites: transparency, co-ownership and added value for the neighborhoods. The platform will be owned and managed by a cooperative of users and neighbors who will collectively decide how to reinvest part of the profits in local projects that would help to ease the impact of tourism, protect residency and fight gentrification.
About the Role
We are looking for a Node.js Developer in charge of building our micro-service API infrastructure in order to provide data and support to our web and mobile platform. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and database maintenance ensuring high performance and scalability.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end and mobile developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant multi-tenant applications
- Implementation of our security and data protection policies
- Integration of data storage solutions, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis
Requirements and Skills
- Strong knowledge of Promises, Async library, MVC and OOP programming in JS
- Good knowledge of popular frameworks: Express, Mongoose, Sequelize, Trails.JS
- Good knowledge of PaaS platforms such as Heroku, Compose and AWS
- Good knowledge of RESTful API creation, testing and documentation patterns
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests using Mocha
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and BitBucket
- Basic understanding of server-side templating languages: ejs and nunjucks
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Self-motivated and passionate about new technologies, tools and platforms
- 2+ years of Node.js development
- Very high attention to details
- Fluent in English
What We Offer
- Work in an exceptional business domain – Sharing economy!
- Attractive compensation package
- Innovative, multicultural startup environment in the beautiful city of Bologna
Please send your CV in English to email@example.com . Please use the subject line “Back-end developer”. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).