Venice Marathon and Fairbnb.coop: run for sustainability
Thanks to the partnership with Fairbnb.coop, runners can get a discount for the registrations for the events of the Venice Marathon and, by booking their stay on our platform, they will support social projects in the area.
Sustainability under the sign of Leo
Starting from a deep sharing of the values of environmental and social sustainability, Venice Marathon and Fairbnb.coop have signed a partnership that will increase the beneficial impact for the whole territory of the running events scheduled in the coming months: the Jesolo Moonlight Half Marathon on 26 June, the Venice Night Trail on 28 August and the great Venice Marathon on 24 October.
Venice Marathon in fact collects every year participants from all over Italy and the world, who often take the opportunity of the event to stop and visit Venice. From this year, by booking their stay on Fairbnb.coop they will also support local social projects and in favor of residents in the city of the Lion of San Marco.
With Fairbnb.coop you can get a discount for the registrations for the BMW Jesolo Moonlight Half Marathon & 10K! You just have to enter these promotional codes:
- For the Moonlight Halfmarathon (10€ of discount):
- For the Moonlight10K (5€ of discount):
Venice Marathon + Fairbnb.coop = Venice wins
Fairbnb.coop, a project born in Venice and for Venice but now widespread in many European cities, proposes a fair and sustainable tourism model based on two fundamental pillars. First of all, to counter the negative effects of mass tourism, it accepts only resident hosts and with a maximum of only one second home on the tourist market. Secondly, it donates 50% of its platform fees to local community projects, thus allowing most of the value to remain on the territory.
The athletes who will participate in the events of the Venice Marathon 2021 will thus be able to give their contribution to one of these projects, of their choice:
- Masegni & Nizioleti, a non-profit association of volunteers who organize cleaning days and activities aimed at protecting buildings and monuments, as well as the cultural, historical and identity heritage represented by the nizioleti.
- Squeri San Isepo, a project that aims to recover the historic “squero grando” (large shipyard), in the heart of Castello, to its original shape and make it operational again, with the creation of a Center for the enhancement of the ancient traditional Venetian water crafts.
- Venice Calls, a network of citizens that organizes actions to raise public awareness on sustainability issues and to get together by sharing experiences. Cleaning a beach, planting a tree … small gestures, but capable of facing the challenges of the 21st century.
- Behind Venice, a project that aims to generate an archive of photos and videos of local Venetian artisan and artistic realities and to help them in the development of effective digital communication to spread their reputation nationally and internationally.
The Venice Marathon race for a sustainable future
The Venice Marathon becomes more and more synonymous with sustainability. Already in 2015, the organizers’ commitment to reducing the environmental impact of running races was recognized (the first and only running event in Italy) with the ISO 20121 Certification for the management of sustainable events.
Over the years, the “Enjoy Respect Venice” awareness campaign has resulted in invitations to participants to adopt behaviors that respect the environment and citizens at all times of the event.
In 2020 Venice Marathon was chosen by the Veneto Region as a pilot event for the “Zero Waste Blue” environmental and territorial protection project, which aims to reduce waste production, to encourage the use of public transport, to eliminate paper waste and much more.
Today a new piece is added, which will make the Venice Marathon 2021 sustainable even at the end of the race. Take advantage of the event to visit Jesolo, to do a tour of the “Bàcari” in Venice together with locals, to toast together with the other athletes with a Spritz, the world famous Venetian aperitif.
Follow us on
How it works:
The Host earns the same,
the Guest pays the same
but the benefits are for the whole community.
50% of our platform fee is used to fund a project of your choice for the communities you visit.
This is a what we call
Community Powered Tourism.